Wednesday 14 March 2012

It's Such Fun to Hum a Happy Working Song

My second day as a lumberjack and a week into my program! Only 51 left to go...

I don't think I'll be taking the morning bus anymore. It was packed full of people this morning and they had to send another one for the folks getting on at Chatham Square (another residence). Generally unpleasant and will now be avoided.
My work day started with a party. Literally. World Showcase West - Merchandise (Canada, the United Kingdom and France) is celebrating going over 365 days being incident-free, so we got a Safety party today from 1000-1600. It was in a venue called the World Showplace, which is a huge hall backstage Epcot. We all went in our costumes, and there was a huge, delicious-looking buffet set up. All our managers, as well as some of the Epcot higher-ups (like the VP of Epcot, Erin Youngs) were there to congratulate us. Why yes, I am taking some credit.

Safety 365 Party buffet - reward safety with food? Count me in. 

Some of my new Merchandise Cast Members
My day was spent training inside the store on the cash register, as well as some backstage training with Katie (those Disney Service Basics again). I also spent time on our merchandise cart outside, which was considerably busier than inside, likely because it was another gorgeous day. I met so many Canadians, and mostly Ontarians today. If you visit from Canada, we have a Guestbook you can sign! I didn't check for more Perth people, but they're bound to come by sooner or later!

Happy lumberjack heading home!

TTFN

Note: I don't want to brag or anything, but the Canadian Pavilion is right beside the character meet and greet spot, for Duffy the Disney Bear. He's so cuuuuuuute!

Thanks to: Katie, who says I'm making her job as trainer easy. I'm fairly certain my MUMC trainers would disagree...

No comments:

Post a Comment