Monday 19 March 2012

It's Off to Work We Go

Hallo! I think it' going to be tougher for me to find pictures to go along with my stories, as I generally can't take and/or publish pictures of myself from on or backstage, but I'll try my darndest to get a few.

So, yesterday I earned my ears. YAY ME! I took an assessment and everything. 92%, y'all! I'm totally meant to be a lumberjack. My "Earning My Ears" ribbon can stay on as long as I want it to/ whenever a manager rolls his eyes at me and tells me I'm ready. It's still on. After I took my assessment, I officially went into rotation like a real person. I pretty much rotate every hour or so between the two indoor (Post 1 and Post 2, for the two registers in The Trading Post, our store) and two outdoor (Cart and Engraver) positions. I can also be "tasking" which is pretty much being busy without being on a register. I interpret this to mean, "Lindsey, go hand out stickers to children." Gotcha. Oh! And I saw Duffy on my way out of the park! I waved and said "Bye, Duffy!" and he waved back and then got bowled over by a five-year-old girl. Hilarious!

Amanda and I, as well as my car, still sporting Ontario plates. 

I spent most of this morning by the pool tanning under SPF 50. Yeah, I have a tan. You're soooooo jealous. But so many freckles. Amanda, another lumberjack, and I left for work around 1445, and spent most of the extra time (we started at 1530) walking from the backwoods of the parking lot to Costuming. So much walking. Luckily, hiking boots! I was in rotation all day, just like a real person, and it felt like an incredibly long day although it was only a 6 hour shift.
Apparently every Monday, a fellow Canadian hosts a games night, so I baked some cookies (from a tub of cookie dough, which they sell here) and headed over with Amanda, Briana and Megan (all Canadians). It was Wii Just Dance 3 night, and I'm pretty darn good, it turns out. I may have also found a few more Doctor Who fans. YES!

Megan and I. Whovians (ahem, Doctor Who fans) always find each other.  


TTFN


Note: I shared my cookies with my roommate, Nozomi from Japan, and her friends, and they were thrilled and said I made a Magical Moment (that's a real thing here).

Thanks to: The impeccable timing of IllumiNations to distract the Guests and allow me to close the cart. Thanks, IllumiNations!

No comments:

Post a Comment