Thursday 22 March 2012

Darling, it's Better Down Where It's Wetter

I haven't posted in days, but I haven't died!

But I did find a boat at the Orlando Premium Outlets (Megan did too).

On Wednesday, there were so many lumberjacks in Epcot Canada that I was tasking for the first half of my shift. I did some actual stocking and useful things, etc, but after all that was done I found a large Canadian flag and held it in the wind on the promenade (the path that connect all the pavilions in World Showcase) while a family asked me to provide them with some Canadian trivia. I talked a lot about the Rideau Canal (I really hope it's the longest outdoor skating rink in the world). Wednesday also marked the arrival of a new group of Cultural Representatives. I know, so soon! Wednesday evening was the Canadian "Throw-In", which is a big welcome party thrown by the old Canadians for the new Canadians. They sang us the national anthem, introduced themselves and assigned us all a sibling to whom we could ask any questions. It was a little late for me to be thrown in, but the vast majority of my arrival group missed our throw-in, so...whatever!

Patricia (from Germany) and I at Blizzard Beach.
The park was surprisingly devoid of actual guests though.
Early early this morning, my arrival group piled on a bus to head to the social security office. It opens a few hours early for Disney employees so we can all get our social security numbers and go back to work. I'll have one in three weeks-ish. After a brief nap, a bunch of us headed over the Blizzard Beach, one of two Disney World water parks. Cast Members get in for free until peak season starts (mid-June). So much fun! We did a waterslide in a big family raft a few times to start off (it was called Teamboat Springs), then Toboggan Racers, in which 8 people have 8 separate slides and we race (I won, by the way). They have a lazy river called Cross Country Creek that's 3/4 of a mile long (that's 1.2km), and we did it twice. It was lovely! There was also an enclosed slide for single-person tubes called Runoff Rapids, as well as a wave pool called Melt-Away Bay that's an acre in area. It was great except the waves made a few of us (me included) a bit seasick. We sunbathed for the rest of the afternoon and had to leave when the park closed at 5. I used an entire bottle of sunscreen (which won't come off my skin!) and didn't pick up any colour at all. I'm totally responsible.

This is where Ice Gator, the Blizzard Beach mascot, skied through one of the cabins. 


TTFN

Note: One Mr. Twining of Twining's tea is visiting Epcot shortly! I'll bet he goes for the tea tour in the United Kingdom pavilion.

Thanks to: That one Shell gas attendant for the Disney discount on gas! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment