Saturday 24 March 2012

Up Where They Stay All Day in the Sun

It was a busy weekend (Thursday Friday) for me! Two waterparks in two days! Going back to work is almost a relief.

Gorgeous and free for Cast Members until mid-June. 

Yesterday, I went to Typhoon Lagoon with Brooke and Katie (whom I work with in Canada at the store). We met another Canadian, Chris, there. We started and had multiple rides on Typhoon's lazy river (Castaway Creek). It was a little chillier because we started out a little earlier, but still just lovely. We did all three tracks on the Crush 'n' Gusher, the fruit-themed water rollar coasters (they go up, since when does water go up?!). I say fruit-themed because a) they're supposed to be themed around an abandoned produce shipping plant and b) they're called Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher and Pineapple Plunger. So much fun! There was also a family ride called Gang Plank Falls (not as great as Blizzard Beach's) and a wave pool called Surf Pool (6 foot waves, no tubes, kind of terrifying). I wasn't as tired as I had been for Blizzard Beach, so we pretty much just cycled water slides all day. I was quite tired after that, and I think I burned the soles of my feet on the sand. Worth it! Water parks in March, how about that?

Typhoona Gator (Typhoon Lagoon mascot) and I.
Lilo and Stitch also show up sometimes (but not in March). 

I checked the mail when I got home and found that my main gate pass had arrived! It's a super special blue card that lets me bring in up to three guests at a time for free. Who wants to be my friend now? That's what I thought. Seriously, though, come visit me!

The power! The absolute power! Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I went back to work today at 1530. I'm going to get mostly closing shifts from now until the seniority list changes, and I honestly do not mind at all. I was informed that costuming ordered more culottes for me. This is the one and only time I will be happy about anything to do with culottes. There were a lot of guests from England today, and lots of birthdays! I also performed my first Canadian Junior Ranger ceremony today! The story is that five furry friends (an owl, a bear, a moose, a beaver and a husky) got lost in our store and whoever finds the friends gets declared an official Canadian Junior Ranger, and gets stickers and a cool little certificate. I put that one class I took in public speaking to good use when I announced our new Jr. Rangers to the entire store. There were a lot of people. I'm awesome. So are Jr. Rangers!

TTFN

Note: There were random ducks following children through Canada today. It was bizarre and so Disney in real life. 

Thanks to: Kim for the mail on Tokyo Disney stationary! Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment