Friday 2 March 2012

I Am on My Way, I Can Go the Distance

Epic American Road Trip, Day 1!

My mom and I left Perth at 0630 when the sun was rising over the gigantic snow banks (it snowed yesterday in an attempt to keep me in Canada...fail!). We hit the border/ I turned off my Blackberry just over two hours later, and after a short detainment, we were off!

First Welcome Center,  Millionth Self-Portrait
Whitney Point, NY

We passed through New York (via Wellesley Island), Pennsylvania, Maryland (for about, oh, fifteen minutes) and West Virginia. As soon as we hit Virginia, the road trip was declared officially over for the day and the nice lady at the Virginia Welcome Center helped us find hotels nearby. I'd be helpful too, if I was surrounded everyday by declarations of "Virginia is for Lovers!". I may have picked up a bumper sticker...

That's a total of 842km (523 miles, y'all) today, and a grand total 1262km for me, if you're keeping track. I know I am.


View Larger Map

TTFN


Note: I made custom agents laugh today with one word. Lumberjack.

Thanks to: The modern world, in which wi-fi is a standard feature in hotel rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment