Tuesday 22 January 2013

Tell Me Princess, Now When Did You Last Let Your Heart Decide?

For a limited time only, it actually snowed it little Canada last week. As part of Limited Time Magic, the thing for 2013 for Disney Parks, we had "Disney Magic" snow aka snowp (rhymes with soap, cuz that's what it is) intermittently blowing over the promenade in front of Canada, under the roof of our cart and, on more than one occasion, into our eyes and costumes. Accompanying the snow were Chip, Dale, Daisy and Donald Duck in their winter best. Donald was actually in Canada plaid, although I think he was visiting from Fort Wilderness, and the rest were in semi-Christmas gear. The event was billed as a Winter Wonderland in Canada, telling guests to come play in the snow. Naturally, guests thought Canada was going to provide their children with real Canadian snow with which to play. I actually told a guest that the Disney parks don't support hypothermia in children, and suggested a visit to real Canada.
How Disney interprets 'Canadian characters'.
Donald Duck...what are you doing?
On Tuesday, I went into work early to line up in my own pavilion to meet out characters. The keeners came out in droves, and the line was never shorter than twenty minutes. Luckily, I was the last "family" before the next set, so while the characters strolled off, I did the same. I went and visited my favourite bear, Duffy, and we both pointed to Canada for pictures, then I went to experience Fountain View Ice Cream in Future World. It's closing in March to make way for a Starbucks. I just barely had time to get a new outfit for my own Duffy bear (he's Peter Pan now) before going to work for the rest of the day.
Duffy loves Canada. It's just over my shoulder.
On Wednesday, I got a very slight early release from work and spent the night in the Polynesian resort with Bailey, Briana, Amanda and Sam. It was a little too late and dark to tan when I arrived, so we got to roast marshmallows on the beach instead. I think I had six. Then we got all dolled up, took the monorail from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom, then a resort bus from Magic Kingdom to the Yacht Club for dinner at the Yachstman Steakhouse to use a remaining 50% meal coupon.
Safety begins with fire and children on a beach. 
Me, Briana, Amanda and Sam on the Hidden Mickey at the Polynesian. 
The next morning, Bailey got up early to work, Briana and Amanda got up early to tan, and Sam and I slept in the glory that is deluxe resort beds until 10, when we had to pack it up and check out. We had lunch (I had breakfast) at the Polynesian and did some shopping until the sky had completely clouded over and we took off. I spent the rest of my weekend mostly indoors, hiding from miserable weather, and attempted to score some cheap Disney merch at Property Control.
I've compiled a list (on Disney Parks receipt paper) of things I have yet to do during the remainder of my time. I hope to accomplish and document them all, for your enjoyment and mine.

TTFN,

Note: This week's Limited Time Magic is Long-Lost Friends week in Magic Kingdom. I shall attempt to track down Robin Hood.

Thanks to: Dana, for the Canadian treats (aka chocolate maple cookies that our guests would kill us for) this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment